Saturday, May 16, 2009

America Then and Now


I wish that I wish that America was like it was when our grandparents were young . Ok, so there was the Great Depression and the war. But people came together and helped each other.
Now, what's mine is mine. "Help you? Why in the world would I do that? I'm better than you, can't you see that?"
Then, a girl was safe to walk down her street and not be scared that she would be killed. Now, if a girl walks down a street she had better be on the look out.
Then, kids would come home from school and go out to work in the field or help in the barn. Now, kids come home from school and watch TV or play the wii or Xbox.
Then, the food was good. No chemicals and short cuts. Now, it's all about time and money. If we can make this in 2 minutes and not 5, let's do it. I don't care if it kills people, it's faster.
Then, church was a place where God could be found. Now, it is a place where people go to hang out with their friends and have free coffee.
Then, girls wore clothes that covered their bodies. Now, let's see who can show the most and still have "clothes" on.
Then, marriage was: "I am marrying you because I love you and I will love you till you die." Now: "He's just so hot! I don't know if I want to marry him. I just might move in with him and see if I do."
What happened? What happened to my America?

Thank you for reading. I know it's just a teen girl's randomness. But We can make America a better place WE can work to show this place that we can change the world!

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post Laura. We all need to be the very best God wants us to be, regardless of what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your music today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful post, Laura. Very well done and you are so right. It's amazing to see how much America changed in the past 70 years or so. Just getting worse too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, Those are really great thoughts. I am proud of you for standing for truth. xo rachel

    ReplyDelete